Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Cheese Factory

So my sister and I went on an adventure. Cache Valley has at least two Cheese plants that I am aware of. And, what luck, I live super close to them. So we braved the roads, which somehow all major thoroughfares in Logan seem to be under construction at the same time....and went to the cheese factory.

Favorite thing:

Cheap Cheese--I like cheese, my sister LOVES cheese. Fortunately you can by a ton of cheese for cheap. We bought Parmesan, Sharp, Cheddar, Muenster, Bleu, Curds and Ice cream. Yay for cheese. Good thing we go running or we would be super fat.

Least Favorite Thing:

Shelf Stable Milk--Ok, I thought, hey, I should buy me some milk at the cheese land. Well, you would be wrong to think that a cheese factory sells milk as you and I know it with all their other dairy products. They only sell shelf Stable milk--which I think is criminal. The only t.ime this was ever present in my life was when I lived in Texas and a hurricane came through. The military gave out rations which included shelf stable milk...no thanks.

If you are in Logan, you should hit up a cheese factory--its fun, cheap and supports local farmers and industry.

Well there's my two cents. I still want to go to the Fat boy factory.....mmmm... ice cream.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE going to Gossners! I love their smoked sweaky cheese :) Have you been to Pepperidge Farms yet? I know that's not cheese, but it's still super good stuff for super cheap.

    P.S. I was totally going to call you yesterday. We need to catch up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't gone to Pepperidge yet, but its on my list of logan adventures to do this summer. I dont like gold fish...so that may be a problem. We do need to catch up.

    ReplyDelete